Search This Blog

Tuesday 17 May 2011

Bitten by the bug.....

Hi everyone! My name is Lesley, and live with my partner Alistair in Glasgow, Scotland. Formerly keen hillwalkers (him much more than me), we have enjoyed Scotland's landscapes from the summits of many hills and mountains. Due to my developing plantar fascitis a couple of years ago, or very sore feet, we found ourselves spending more and more time on our bikes as an alternative way of exercising and getting out and about. I had spent many happy holidays on bikes as a kid, throughout Europe, and Al was more of a mountain bike freak, happy to carry his bike over streams and that kind of thing - not for me! Over the past two years we have been exploring the cycle routes and opportunities in and around our area, and are now looking for something a little more adventurous. We are hoping to build up to a two week foray into Europe, perhaps Germany or France (via my beloved Holland....the cyclists dream), and in the meantime are preparing for two weeks cycling round the Orkney Isles off the north coast of Scotland in late June.......but more on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment